3PBiopharmaceuticals - Cell Free Reaction (CFR) Technology
The Upstream and the Technical Services teams have headed a cell free reaction (CFR) process for one of 3P clients. CFR is a state of the art technology that allows obtaining a specific enzyme with intracellular form in a non-stop fermentation process. This is possible thanks to an enzymatic biochemical reaction without any cellular mechanism interaction.
This is an important landmark for the company in several aspects:
- The knowledge, experience and technology acquired over this project by the team allow 3P to expand and reach to new potential markets from those customers whose needs include this kind of technology to manufacture their APIs.
- The challenge of coverage continuous production processes.
- The project required to maintain a constant temperature of 5±3ºC during all stages to ensure stability throughout the process. 3P has adapted equipments and facilities to guarantee this condition
- One scaling-up in CFR technology was achieved by 3P for the first time with the singularity of maintaining constantly the temperature from 100L to 1000L quarantining the reproducibility of the process
- The development of this alternative CFR technology opens the door to those potential clients who need this type of resources to produce proteins and molecules and sets the company in a leading position in the global biotechnology industry.
3P is a CDMO organization that develops and manufactures biological and cellular therapy products for preclinical, clinical trials and commercial phases for other companies under GMP conditions.
3P Biopharmaceuticals Communications Manager
Tel.: + 34 984 346480