His Mag Sepharose™ Ni
His Mag Sepharose Ni products are magnetic beads designed for efficient, small-scale purification/screening of histidine-tagged proteins from different sources. Histidine-tagged proteins are captured using immobilized nickel ions followed by collection of the beads using a magnetic device. You can use magnetic beads to simplify sample handling during small-scale purification.
His Mag Sepharose Ni delivers:
- High-capacity small-scale purification of histidine-tagged proteins from different sources
- High purity and yield
- Easy parallel screening of histidine-tagged proteins with high repeatability
- Scalability—Simple capture of histidine-tagged proteins from small or large sample volumes (low microliter to milliliter scale)
The beads are available in three pack sizes: 2 × 1 ml 5% medium slurry, 5 × 1 ml 5% medium slurry, and 10 × 1 ml 5% medium slurry—a 1 ml 5% medium slurry is the same as 50 μl sedimented medium. A 1 ml medium slurry is sufficient for 5 purification runs according to the recommended protocol.
Together with MagRack 6, a separation tool for handling the beads in microcentrifuge tubes, up to six samples can be processed in parallel. You can easily screen a larger number of samples in parallel with high throughput on a robotic device.
The magnetic bead format has excellent properties for small-scale experiments. The high density of the beads allows rapid capture by magnetic devices while the visibility of the beads ensures reliable collection of the bound histidine-tagged proteins in the purification procedure. The characteristics of the media are summarized in Table 1. All the products are provided with protocols optimized for purification of histidine-tagged proteins.
Tabel 1. Characteristics of His Mag Sepharose Ni
- Matrix: Highly crosslinked spherical agarose (Sepharose) including magnetite
- Metal icon capacity: 21µmol Ni2+/ml medium
- Binding capacity: approx. 50mg histidine-tagged protein/ml medium (approx. 500µg/purification run)
- Particle size: 37 to 100µm
- Working temperature: Room temperature and + 4ºC
- Storage solution: 20% ethanol, 5% medium slurry
- Storage temperature: Room temperature
GE Healthcare Europe GmbH
Dr. Michael Walther
EMEA Marketing Manager Electrophoresis
T + 49 2293 816 749
M + 49 173 574 9413
F + 49 5564 204 593