Disposable PD-10 Desalting Columns
Disposable PD-10 Desalting Columns offer an inexpensive and convenient alternative to lengthy and troublesome dialysis procedures. In minutes, biological samples are desalted and small molecular weight solutes are removed or exchanged with excellent recoveries of macromolecules.
- Fast, affordable, high-recovery desalting and buffer exchange, as well as removal of low-molecular weight compounds packed with Sephadex G-25 Medium.
- Flexible protocols allow runs by gravity flow or centrifugation.
- Easy to use and equilibrate; apply sample; elute.
- Preparation of the samples in the range of 1.0 to 2.5 ml by gravity flow and 1.75 to 2.5 ml with centrifugation.
- Desalt multiple samples in parallel with a desalting capacity > 90%.
- Recovery in the range 70 to >95%.
The instructions for Disposable PD-10 Desalting Columns have been updated with two new application protocols: gravity or centrifugation, to increase the flexibility of the product. The gravity protocol allows a simple cleanup of samples with one or several columns in parallel, without the need for a purification system. The spin protocol enables runs in parallel in a standard centrifuge with minimal dilution of the eluted sample.Four adapters are included in each product pack to enable easy centrifugation. Together with LabMate PD-10 Buffer Reservoir, wash and equilibration buffer can be applied in one step with the gravity flow protocol. Empty PD-10 columns are recommended for use with bulk media for affordable and versatile sample preparation.
Andrea Löhndorf, PhD, MBA
Marketing Manager EMEA
GE Healthcare Europe GmbH
Mobil: +49(0) 174 92 36 400